We’ve been in our new place for just about 3 weeks now. Things are starting to come together, but this has been the hardest move and adjustment we’ve made thus far.
Sometimes I want to just cry over the amount of debris that has yet to find a home. On occasion, I have. Chris tells me it’s going to be alright, and I know it will. I just need to buck up and actually do something about it.
We’re working really hard on saving everything we possibly can for future projects and adventures, so getting our house to “home” status will have to be done by spending as little money as possible. I thought it would be fun to create some accountability (if I blog about it, I’ll do it), so for the next few months I will be working on an ongoing project here on the blog: The Zero Budget Project. I am going to go through each room of the house (ideally taking about a week for each space) to organize, decorate and finish details for as close to $0 as possible.
This week I’m starting with Penelope and Felix’s room. They’re in the basement with the larger rooms, big closets, but no closet systems. Penelope’s and Felix’s clothes are organized based on a clothes hanging bar, so we’ve been dealing with the above bedroom situation for nearly 3 weeks. It has been maddening at the very least.
Saturday, I took an existing bar in a closet where they won’t be used and installed a closet system there. The room is really coming along, hopefully it’ll be ready for a big reveal on Friday!