I’ve been kinda stumped with Christmas ideas. But another one came to me! Penelope and I made a few of these for gifts for her to give away. They make the perfect gift for guys or girls, too! Once I got all the supplies together, each book takes about 10 minutes to make. Perfect for mass production, or that little extra handmade touch to your perfect holiday gift.
I’ve styled this purple and liquid gold-leafed leather book in a gift “basket”. Perfect for the young lady needing a respectable purse and purse contents. Details:
- Purse: c/o Sole Society (similar)
- Scarf: c/o Apricot Lane (similar)
- Gloves: H&M (similar)
- Book: handmade
- Mini clutch: handmade (tutorial here)
- Pen (pictured bottom of the post): Noodler’s flex fountain pen
They’re ever so simple to make. I’ve made these with the leather scraps I have on hand (I have a giant overflowing bin full!), but these could easily be made with felt, fabric fused to paper with Heat ‘n Bond. Let’s make one together!
EASY Leather-Bound Pocket Notebook Tutorial
- 8 sheets of paper (resume paper is best, but copy paper will do just fine)
- Bone folder (or credit card)
- X-Acto knife
- scissors/rotary cutter
- leather lacing (or really thick embroidery thread, waxed)
- hole punch 1/8 – 3/16 (use code LOVE for 20% off)
- printable gridded, ruled and blank paper with punch guides (optional)
- cover pattern (optional)
Read more to learn how to assembly this easy easy book!